In a world where it seems we’re constantly going and doing for others, it is crucial to do something for yourself!
It’s not a selfish thing at all, it’s just necessary to keep you at your best (And when you’re at your best, that’s when you’ll attract the keepers) so that you can continue to give back to others if that’s what you choose or even just so you can be at your peak self to tackle whatever goals you set for yourself this 2018.
One of the things I LOVE to do for myself is travel. Traveling is an escape for me. Being in a different city or country and taking in the culture and surroundings gives me a high. It’s where I can be my true self and grow further so that when I get back from my trip I’m ready to tackle anything that may come my way.
I also love to go on hikes, getting to the top of any mountain is freeing in itself, the view from the top is always the best! And the journey up there is what makes getting to the top so amazing!! I recco doing it without headphones in and just take in your surroundings and when you get to the top stay awhile, there’s no rush to get back down.
Your thing may not be travel or hiking, but here are some things you can do for yourself the beginning of this year to make sure you don’t forget about you this 2018.
- Make a Dream or Goals Board – Writing things down makes them more real and you’re more likely to set out to accomplish them.
- Dream of Your Next Adventure – I honestly feel traveling is Good for the Soul. Dream and plan your next adventure, you won’t regret it!
- Read a Book – There’s just something about lounging around with a good book, when you do it, you’ll know.
- Go to the Movies – And choose a super sappy, cheesy, feel good one. 😀 You won’t regret it.
- Smile More – It’ll make you happy inside, put out positive vibes, and put a smile on someone else’s face too!
What are some things you’re going to do for yourself this year? Comment below, I’d love to hear.