Self Love consists of soo many things and fitness is an important part of it because what many people don’t realize is that being active makes you feel good. And you don’t have to be a fitness expert (because I’m not!) to know that!
Elle Woods in Legally Blonde says it best (and yes, I know it’s a movie, but she still says it best! :D)…
“Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don’t shoot their husbands, they just don’t.
LOVE that movie! Obviously the last part of that quote is a little extreme but, the point is that it makes you happy and that is definitely what Self Love is all about.
Here are some things that I like to do to stay active…
- Hiking. This is great because it’s FREE and when you get to the top you get to take in an incredible view. Here are some of my favorite hiking spots.
- Fryman Canyon – This is an easy hike that I take my little pup Aurora on with me all the time. The trail is easy to follow and there are several look out spots that I love to sit at and take in the view. It’s located in the Valley off of Laurel Canyon Blvd not too far from Ventura Blvd, and there is ample FREE parking.
- Runyon Canyon – The Oh So Popular Hollywood Hike. There are several different trails you can take making this a hike you can do a bit differently each time. I LOVE being able to see basically all of Los Angeles from one of the look out spots, and you can also catch a glimpse of the Hollywood Sign from another spot. There are two different entrances, the most popular one is off of Franklin and Fuller. Parking can be horrible (since it’s street parking), so get there early!
- Soul Cycle. There is nothing better then clicking into your bike and letting your body go to the beat of the music!! This is a full body work out that’s FUN! It leaves you feeling great on the inside and out which is why I LOVE this spin class. It can get price-y but it’s worth it!
- Dancing. You laugh, but sometimes dancing is my cardio! You can do this the traditional way and take a class at a studio. OR you can just go to your favorite dance spot and dance the night away, maybe just drink sparkling water for the evening if you’re truly doing it for cardio! lol.
What are some of your favorite things to do to stay active? Comment below and let me know!