One of the last things that’s an important factor to Self Love is looking good on the outside. Now take a moment to follow me here, I’m not saying this to be shallow. I’m saying this because I truly believe if you look good on the outside you’ll feel good on the inside. That doesn’t mean you have to put on heels and a full face of make-up every day ( I definitely don’t do this!!). This does mean that if you are having a bad week because of whatever reason you choose one outside thing to focus on that will leave you with the confidence to step into whatever situation you have going on.
If you’re having an off week, there’s no reason to let your co-workers, boss, guy your dating, or whoever win. Put on your big girl panties and do something to at least trick them into thinking “You’ve Got This” (Because in reality you really do, we all have moments). And since you control how you feel, when you trick your body into thinking you’ve got this, you will have it, and that outside thing you chose to focus on will soon become the inside confidence you needed to get through whatever situation has come your way!
Here are some things that I like to do when I’m feeling down but still have to get through the week…
- Wear Red Lipstick – Red is a Power Color that is a statement in itself. You could literally be wearing nothing but mascara and red lipstick and look absolutely fabulous!! So go make a bold statement and walk out in your power red lipstick. Here’s a link to one of my favorite reds Buxom – Barcelona Red.
- Get a Manicure – I LOVE getting manicures and doing fun nail designs! If you think about it, your hands are one the things people come into contact with a lot (handshakes, exchanging of money, when you’re taking notes in that meeting) and it’s something that you see a lot as well. So maybe don’t go with the nude polish and get a fun design to get you through the week.
- Put on a Killer Outfit – When you’re in an outfit that you know you look killer in, well, that’s a game changer…turn heads in that outfit that does it for you!
- Do a Face Mask – Make a night of it and do a face mask (and wine if you want! :D). It can be one you got at the store or you can find some fun recipes online and really make a night of it. Believe me, having good skin does make you feel good inside. Here’s a link to some homemade face mask recipes, give it a try!
- Try a New Hair Style – AND if you really want to switch things up, try something different with your hair. Getting a new hair cut or trying a new hair style signifies an important change. I can remember when I cut my hair short for the first time. It was right before I left for a month to go to Europe. Me leaving on that trip signified that I wasn’t going to let boys or my job rule my life anymore and I was going to follow my dreams and goals. I also have tried the temporary “fun” hair color highlights as well, that can be SUPER fun!
Hopefully some of these things help you walk into whatever situation with that added boost of self confidence needed.
What are some things that you like to do to look good on the outside that helps you feel good on the inside?? Comment below, I’d love to hear!